Sunday, February 20, 2011

Championship Medal

Haven't posted in a while, so once again I'm going to try to pass off lyrics as poetry.

I’m gaspin’, Take a look into a past and
I’d feel the passion of finding everlastin’
When ever never lasted, it took its dying breaths
And the look it’s trying to get is of a crook who found regret
And it took what’s tryin’ left, a book that quiet kept
The statutes finally wept just to mourn the hardly met
I feel these emotions till they rise in crescendo
I find innocence so timely and simple
Trying to find me a single reason left to love
Cuz Jesus left in blood and decent is a dud
My pleas is what I clutch in pieces with a crutch
But Jesus left his blood and if Jesus left in blood
Then what are my chances? I’m stuck in advancements
With the luck of the Manson’s, I’ll duck and I’ll manage
With bruises and scrapes, I’m losing my faith
A broken hearted champion out to prove that its fate

And I’m still looking trying to find the perfect segue
Get a word in edgeways, the nerd that pen gave
Some purpose and saved his little piece of sanity
My shadow’s where my phantom be, committing acts of vanity
And frantically, I’ll lie in lies pathetically
Till I find my truth and I’ll finally set it free
And with my eyes wide shut, I’ll take my mask off
And my pride will find lust and commence to blast off
Still I’m pleasing, pleading, fleeing freezing, fiending feelings
Seething, seeing my heart as its beats
And it’s beating, breathing really wreathing
Needing healing, I’ll seek your fine grasp
Needing heating, I’ll bask in your fine laugh
Till it echoes in my mind, underneath the night sky
And I’ll always finish last cuz I’m that nice guy
But I was told slow and steady will always win the race
So I’ll stop to smell the flowers as I join you and sit in place

Looking out my window, chasing where my pen go
I spent my whole life lost in sexual innuendo
Can it be so simple? I smile for the mirror
I find when you’re near, my pride disappears
And I’ll smile for the mirror just to see it in reverse
Our time isn’t here, it’s lost and we search
Eyes closed arms out, lost in the dark
Lost, Lost from the start, in costumes we part
But with tears comes laughter and the years come faster
With joy comes disaster, the boy’s been a bastard
Our ploys are unmaskin’, our choices are cast and
They don’t say what happens after the happily ever after
The pain and misery in a brazen symphony
Stallin’ Stalin installin’ solace laced with sympathy
We are the so lost, lost souls, we blacken the kettle
I’ll wear my broken heart around my neck like a championship medal
Follow Apollothechild on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Yes brother.

    "Still I’m pleasing, pleading, fleeing freezing, fiending feelings
    Seething, seeing my heart as its beating, breathing really wreathin"

    Yes yes.... thank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  2. she took my fav part.
    <3why are you so talented and amazing?

    but this is true.
    They don’t tell us what happens after the happily ever after...

    ugh.
    *tear*
    this poem is truth and beauty.

    ReplyDelete