Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lift Off

Sadly based on a true story. Rest in peace, its been 3 years and I still think about you often. 
 
She soared, my God did she fly!
Air under her arms, you shoulda seen her!
On the edge, over the ledge
Escaping a cage that she knew wouldn’t free her.

Believe her, that’s all she ever wanted,
A leader, that’ll never find her calling
The situation’s daunting,
If you’d only seen her, she wouldn’t be falling.

Tall and lanky,
Far from empty,
With a big ol’ heart
And was sorta campy

Sore from ranting,
Constantly picked on
For her height and smarts
Till she was more than antsy.

Gawking awkward,
Ate lunch at her locker
Surrounded by a roster of monsters
We lost her.

Can you believe we lost her?
Sorrows tide came along and washed her.

Imposter monsters
Sucking the venom
Off their own fangs
It’s so strange,

It’s so strange
How some can parade others around with no shame
And getting involved
Ain’t our forte.

It’s profane,
How some can string others along with no shame
And force them to hold pain
 
I’m no saint,
I was never was the spark
But more like the gas that flowed from the propane.

Don’t get it twisted, I’m no saint
I never teased her but I may be guilty of much worse
I showed her kindness
But I used to run the other way like a thief with a stolen purse

Like she wasn’t worth it,
Like it had more of a purpose
If you only heard this, I’m sorry,
You were worth it only I was worthless

Close the curtains; there ain’t nothing a closed door won’t hide
Smiling like it’s so fine, it’s sad when a soul dies
Obsessed with Facebook,
Yet we never noticed her profile.

Stained with pain and pangs of shame
Like if we ignored it, everything will be okay
How we broke her balls like croquet
All the while jabbing needles in her like crochet.

She didn’t jump
So much as we pushed her, led her by the hand,
Head spinning like a twister, God kissed her
Then we collectively changed our statuses to how we missed her.

Sycophantic
I’m sick and frantic,
Quick to panic
Cuz I’ve been there too.

The curse of my mind
Left me flirting with knives
And the serpent it hides,
Yes, I’ve been there too.

What goes up must come down
But what’s down
Can’t come back up
Funny how gravity works.
 
The king of rock bottom,
See, insanity hurts
And sanity’s worse
Watching as the fallacy burst.

There was no way for me to write this
Without sounding preachy
And I’m beyond cheesy

But when I came close to the edge,
I felt like you were there to reach me
There to teach me.

Like “Boy, get off it,
It aint your time for coffins.
The rock and hard place will soften

Regain your confidence,
It ain’t fair you lost it”
But I’m so exhausted.

I won’t lie,
I smile but I’m far from fine
Succumbed to the same issue
That cost her life.

She caught that flight,
We can’t change it now,
Running out of time
I see the clocks in sight.

We miss you now,
Amidst the hounds
I’m sorry
And I hope you found your wishes now.

Forget gravity laws,
You’re with God now.
Shut your eyes and fly,
This time you won’t hit the ground.
Follow Apollothechild on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment