Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Scale

Diana (Blaze) Hansen said we should write a poem, I agreed and we did. She is yellow like awesome lemons.

Some days I wake up and the wind is strong enough to blow me over.
To seep into my mental stability and cause fragmentation.
My dreams seem so big in this prison, my will so small.
As hard as I wish, the haunted eyes never leave my mirror.
The sick twisted smile of death never stops haunting my dreams.
Death, so beautiful and enticing, dressed to kill.
Breathing in my ear to let go, to drop the sand before the last grains leave my hand.
Trapped in an hour glass, with too many cracks, why shouldn’t I tip the scale?

I tip the scale
And watch it
Shatter and scatter
But sadder I sat her
with big rings
Like Saturn

Under these eyes of mine
Her eyes on fire
Ready to burn a hole
In her X-Man like Cyclops.
But she acts like it don't matter

Little Jean's Gray
But she'll rise like the Phoenix.
Not that I'm insensitive to her feelings,
But two depressed suicidals
Should not be together;
In our dream house
But the paint was peeling.

Some days, I wake up
And think the wind's become a typhoon
And whether it's my time to
Die soon.

Have the wind seep in the cracks
Of my skin
And leave me shattered and scattered
like both my prized pride and mood.

So I run,
I run from her

So I run,
I run from me.

My brain screams,
"Catch your breath, take a second".
My heart yells,
"Shit, take two!"

My lungs say
They cant take no more,
And I feel their rebuke

But shit,
Death's looking attractive
In his cheap suit.

Is loving a ghost better then this infatuation with the past.
Wearing memories across my heart like scars from battle.
I keep telling him to slow down, my mind ain't keeping up with the pace.
All we ever wanted was to be together.
Now holding dreams in our back pockets like extra change,
wanting to turn them into something more then fools gold.
Trapped inside this hourglass, watching them turn to rust,
while time seeps through the cracks bringing me closer to this sin.

See, the thing is,
You can only run from your sins
till you buckle and fold
loveless, alone
in the cold winter snow

In the outskirts of town
Passed out
on the dirt road

Broken,
Like a jagged piece of glass

She says I used her
Like another piece of ass

But that's far from the truth,
I swear to God
I thought I could save her
But it's over
Fade to black

I'm an Aries
Naturally hard headed
And she was a Taurus
Looking back,
All she spoke was bull shit

She was the Beatles
And I was Gang Starr
She was Come Together
And I was Full Clip

I'm stressing
God gave me a blessing
Said "Boy, you take this.
You hide it from the sinners".

And I hid it in plain sight
But lost it
Now all I wanna do
Is survive another winter.
Follow Apollothechild on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment