Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Sad Clown

I haven't updated the blog in a while, mainly cuz I've been focusing on my music and neglecting poetry. So I decided to post lyrics to a song I recently completed in an attempt to pass it off as poetry. The idea of the sad clown is something that has been around for a while. With that being said, something about a sad clown has always fascinated me. I guess it’s the fact that someone who's supposed to bring joy and happiness shouldn't be depressed themselves. In any case I didn't wanna be cliché and write about a sad clown cuz that would just be like beating a dead horse. Instead I decided to write about the world through the eyes of a sad clown. Hope you enjoy this.

I take a look in my eyes on a search for truth
But all I really find is the hurt of youth
And the hurt is you with a perfect view
Where a person views without a purpose to
Lookin’ out a dirty window and in a broken mirror
Hear me when the wind blows, a clown provokin’ fear
And maybe when the wind goes, the town will spread its cheer
But it’s not that simple so I’ll drown in years
I’m an idiot with idioms, a minion of mediums
Hideous with helium, so pity this and pity them
Cuz the city gets insidious when dealin’ its delirium
But speak to this Caesarean, I’m weepy and I’m weary and
I’ll sit and reminisce; I’ll never be the eminence
I’ll be the revenant who seeks your remnants
The evidence says I’m guilty the death of the first born
But let he who is without sin cast the first stone
Still, I look into my pride on the search for truth
But all I really find is the cries of youth
Trying to mend their broken hearts with soft kisses and silver duct tape
Still in dark days, lost in the heart break
Lost in the heart ache, tryin' to be cathartic
In a world so cold like in the arctic
Tryin to find peace of mind but they lost it
All in time you will find, you’ll be lovin’ often
Cuz love is blind like the cataracts matter fact
I’m gonna swing the pieces of my broken heart like a battle axe
Counter that, counteract, a rap battle? Battle that
I rap ballads to battle rap, wanna settle? Saddle that
But death rides a white horse and breath has a life force
And they met on the right course the regret of angel Michael’s
Shots from the rifle, twenty one count em all
As he falls like fire works in Carnival
Broken wings as he sings his way to a tomb-box
Outta sync, as for me? A trench coat and boom-box
Hip Hop’s Lloyd Dobler, I won’t avoid the heart hurt
Or put my art first, please accept my offer

Follow Apollothechild on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment