Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dont Tell My Mama

Growing up, my mama was hard headed as fuck
She made sure we didn’t get too big for our britches
And, shit, she was always efficient when she was cooking up dishes
Up in our kitchen and oil sizzlin’ like damn,
I looooooove this lady
Even when she got angry
Cuz see she handled all the discipline
Listenin’ when we needed it
Hugs when we were feeling sick
Teaching us how to think like,
“Fuck the Joneses, you keep up with your own appearances
You hearing it?”
But she didn’t really say “fuck” though
I’m using my own words here so
Pleeeeeeease don’t tell my mama I cussed
I give her all of my love
And she’s tolerant of
All the bullshit we put her through
So I’ll happily give her all of my love
I once said in a former poem
That nothing was really perfect except for God and my ma
And I stand by that
But see she’s barely falling for stuff
Always calling my bluff
When I try to lie my way out of fucking trouble
But seriously though,
Don’t tell her I cussed!
You get beats like that
And I ain’t down for that
But you guys still think I’m cool right?
Shiiiit, I swear I don’t swear much
Back to the poem though,
So scared I caught the Holy Ghost
If only follies mold me though
My mama be my goalie though
Protecting my best interests with a MENSA frame of mind
But she’s a little bit illiterate,
I often wonder of the benefits
She could’ve reaped but it says nothing of her intelligence
And when the winter hit,
She made sure we were warm,
Man she even learned how to drive so we wouldn’t have to walk to school
She calls me her fool, where do you think Apollo gets the Child from?
But when it comes to regrets, it pools
My mama’s too good for me to break her heart
And lately it’s been happening often
For leaving school and pursuing art
She says I should approach my future with some caution
I tell her “Mama, empires where never created using safety nets”
And she says “Son, even Sun Tzu had a backup plan
And it’s that kinda safety that safely gets
Men home from the battlefield”
And shit, she’s kinda right.
See my mama is hard headed as fuck
Gave birth to seven crazy kids
And showed us all equal amounts of love
Maaaaaan, I love this lady
And to my mama
I promise I’ll make you proud
Whenever I hit the pavement with my creations
Creating amazement in the faces of anyone who’ll listen
Shit, I ain’t a rockstar but I like to think I’m the next best thing
And when her nest gets messy,
She’ll put us to work, ain’t no way in Hell
You’re gonna sit on your ass best not get testy
And see, she puts both “A’s” in amazing
Unfazing, will go to Hell and back living brazen
But never dangerous, Soad Hamdan,
Thank you for the life, love, and patience
My mama is hard headed as fuck
But to me, she’s planet Earth and all the stars above
Maaaaan I love this lady
But whatever you fucking do
Do not.
Tell her.
I cussed!  
Follow Apollothechild on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Every poet should write a poem for their momma. I did it. You did it. Seriously though, she sounds awesome, and she is lucky to have you. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just noticed this, much appreciated my friend. I'm very sorry I didnt get back to you sooner

      Delete