Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Be Happy

I am a big Crow fan! James O'Barr is a genius! Also, any artist can tell you that they find inspiration everywhere, I got mine after watching The Crow. I always tell people that if my poetry was a movie it'd be the first Crow movie. However, this poem was inspired more by the film and show and not the graphic novel (that is a another poem :P). Everytime you see a * that is a line quoted directly from The Crow film or the television series as both were equally awesome. Won't lie though I was a little depressed when I wrote this. Lastly, the word "happy" and its derivatives were used 48 times and no whales were harmed in the making of this poem. Enjoy!
 
Be happy, I’ll be happy to tell you to be happy, so he’ll be happy
So she’s happy and they’ll be happy to be happy to feel happy
You need happy to heal fastly whenever you feel ghastly or real crappy
If I was under the gun, God forbid but my last words will be “Be happy”
Be happy, I tell myself to be happy because it can’t rain all the time*
I’m only happy as words fall in line and blend only then are they called rhymes
Be happy to be happy ‘cause time heals all wounds and it seems God will call soon
To help me forget that we went as well together as whales and harpoons
Be happy even amongst the hateful; be happy even when life’s painful
But keep in mind, at the end of the day, the angel of death is still an angel
Be happy because even crows can be beautiful to be beautiful
Don’t put on airs, be you and chill, only then will you see truth revealed
Be happy to be happy ‘cause as it’s told, Eric Draven died for your sins
Hiding my grin till I’m finding my win but happiness is found lying within
In fact, be happy to be happy was the punch line of the hanged man’s joke
“Be happy to be happy”, it sprang from his throat and it rang as he choked
“Be happy” she tells me, “Why do you always have to be so angsty?”
‘Cause frankly, I’ve been used many times and I’m still waiting on them to thank me
But still I’ll stay happy because fire will burn clean the evil in men’s hearts*
The feeble get cleansed hard, people amend arts ‘cause it’s lethal when pen’s spark
I’ll be happy even as a victim because victims aren’t we all?*
I’ll stay happy even as the sickness spreads and symptoms evolve
Be happy even when it’s senseless like lethal injection being “humane”
Senseless like killing people who kill people in order to avenge who’s slain
But let’s all stay happy so abashed the Devil will stand as he feels*
How awful goodness is* and in due time, true awful goodness will be revealed
To make sure we’re all right, I’ll hold the sun in my hands to reveal all sight
In fact, if I was ever a police man, they’d call me Officer Albrecht (all bright)
Be happy when it comes to little things, see I used to think they were trivial*
Trust me, nothing is trivial*, so I’ll surround myself with love like full stereo
I’ll be happy after this ‘cause I got something for you, I don’t want it*
I don’t want it thirty lines of pain all at once all for you* in one sonnet
“Be happy” my dad used to say “every man has a devil and you can’t rest*
Till you find him*” I guess it’s my assignment, not breathing till reading the fine print
“Be happy” my momma used to say “mother is the name of God on the lips*
And hearts of all children*”, so I’m happy to be happy to write it in scripts
Be happy, I’ll be happy to tell you to be happy, so he’ll be happy
So she’s happy and they’ll be happy to be happy to feel happy
You need happy to heal fastly whenever you feel ghastly or real crappy
If I was under the gun, God forbid but my last words will be happy
Follow Apollothechild on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment