Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Doodles

Doodles, Oh how I love this piece! I've always kinda wished I had the ability and talent to draw or paint but alas I'm not artistic in that way. However, I can write so I wrote this poem using a girl I liked as inspiration. The concept behind this is if I can't draw her with ink then I'll draw her with my words!

“If only…if only I could draw” was the first thought my brain clung to
When this dame run through, I’m in shame my tongue grew insane and sung you
Songs as lame as young dudes who claim they done you, I’ll train the young to
How to pray and love you and how you gained the sun too
And how just to touch you, the rain drops would dunk you and even clung too
And see them run through your hair and drop like a pair of shunned dudes
You’d be the main focus in a self portrait, dressed in blue and gold
You’d be the new and old and few are told how you slew your foes
Using only inks and pastels, by pink the last fell now think of past hell
My minx passed fail, now she drinks out vast wells not sinks she blast shells
Aimed at my heart’s canvas, can this be apart of god’s plan miss?
Damn this you’re always on my mind and my friends can’t stand this, stand pissed
Shoot, I don’t mind but if I was a graf artist you’d be my spray can
Used to save man cuz we gave them murals birthed from PHASE 2’s hands
But wait she’s not just eye candy, she’s opinionated like Banksy
Can’t we get together frankly I’m going crazy ape like Mankey
And having dreams that are silly, of me and you going all city
With burners, bombers, stencils, markers, throw ups, tags in a hood that’s gritty
And I could finally Cope 2, hope you are far from cynic
If not then give me enough rope to show you how I hang all up in it
Honey, let’s just mix like two colours in a painter’s palette
So I could rid myself of this pain and malice and gain my balance
Cuz your beauty has me tripping like running with untied shoe laces
My feelings for you only grows stronger with each moon phases
And I’m hoping I could be the Jim Halpert to her Pam Beesly
If she needs me sweet pea knows where to seek me when she’s weepy
Unless its winter cuz the cold makes me sleepy, don’t leave me
Hanging, treat me of my wounds tell me you’re happy to meet me
Or I’ll go insane like Van Gogh; do you get my point like an elbow?
Friends say “Man go!” hope you tell those men no, you’d date them if hell froze
Be mine like a Valentines card cuz we’re just mates who can’t pick our souls
Cuz destiny is abstract like Picasso, let’s stick our goals
In ancient texts and paintings and call it the DaVinci code
And hide it in between the sin we hold and the kin we told
Don’t rekindle old flames, honey, just give them the finger, finger paint
Ethiopian art like my man Kal Assefa but wait
I just realized I can barley manage to draw stick figures
And that alone has me feeling the depression like big fissures
I can’t draw but I can doodle a heart in the middle of my chest
And in that, doodle my name and yours and the phrase “Love you til my last breath”
Follow Apollothechild on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment