Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Skeleton in Your Closet

This is a piece I wrote to kinda deal with a very, very bad rejection. The girl I was crushing on flat out told me to go kill myself and that I was never going to get anywhere with my music or writing. She also called me a monster amongst other things so I decided to write this.

I am a monster, a monster with split personalities and a hurt ego
And together, we'll be alert when we go in the dirt, amigos?
I tell them to forget me and let me rot, just let my body ruin
Please use no embalming fluid cuz when I'm on it I'm bombin’ druids
And all the fallen angels who were made to label people fables are the naval
I'm unable to hold it together like a damn staple, understand,
I'm far from stable, so watch, watch as my pride soaks the oak the table it ran thick,
Thick like maple the wound was fatal so I sit and wait till heavens gates will
Open and when it comes I can stop, stop being the clown in your circus
And she'll smile on the surface in an attempt to hide her frowns surplus
Cuz she is lost, lost till she finds purpose, lost to her own kind nervous,
Lost and in need of service, Lost till she becomes one with the serpents
And join in, whenever they all hisssssssss like defective leaky gas pipes
That’s when me and my many psyches will dance like flames, exploding in the night
Understand, I’m from the Fight Club of life where your first brawl is your last fight
So when she tells me that dark is my humour, I chuckle and tell her "That’s life"
The life of the monster under your bed who'd spend many nights with no sleep
Watching old sheep go leap, till one by one you lost them all my Little Bo Peep
The life of the monster that’d spend many days with no food slowly losing weight
Till he became the living corpse writing you love letters and cursing fate
And I’d write you poems basically begging you to be my Farrah Fawcett
But I decided to scrap and toss it cuz you see my sanity? I lost it
Your cold heart has me frost bit, I’ll still beg you to be my Farrah Fawcett
Hang me, so you can brag about having a skeleton in your closet
You said you liked a man with hair, so I grew mine like Chia pets or Sea men
See ma’am these hands made weak plans so now you’re bored of me like watching C-SPAN
Like meals of Ronald McDonald, this jester was happy and spread it ‘round
Till you perverted him and turned him into your very own It the Clown
I am the monster that chills with Cenobites that men will fight with metal pipes
But like Carrie my mental strikes like metal spikes and then I’ll spite the men alright?
But I just want to live life simple like the Mennonites, so I spend my nights
Sendin’ light to sinnin’ knights, spillin’ plights of the spinnin’ knife that’s skinnin’ fright
Now honey, I’m no Dracula, so why do you stab my chest with wooden stakes?
I would mistake you for Buffy, but I’ve seen you in the woods with snakes
My little Nosferatu on a hunt for blood but lost her path to
Amass some bad dudes and it cost her wrath too so she got the cross as tattoos
Now look at me, look at the monster you created Ms. Dr. Frankenstein
You’re heartless, I guess that’s why you’re takin’ mine don’t take your time while you break what’s mine
Yes, I am a monster then again so are you, in fact, I find you inspirin’
So when she calls me a monster, I say “I’m a product of my environment”
Follow Apollothechild on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment