Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gold Mass

Couple of days ago, I had the pleasure to do an inclass session with some of the students at Fielding Drive Public School. I had a great time and the students were nothing short of amazing. One of the students, Haneen Alhassoun, wrote a poem! About me!! It's moments like this that make me happy doing what I do! Enjoy! PS. Thanks again Ms. Alhassoun!

Gold Mass
A poet visited our class, his words weigh gold mass.
Letter after letter cut through my heart like shattered glass.
Meanings flew around my mind like a song on a jazz band.
We weren't like a band, don't misunderstand, it was a meaningful class.
It was a linked circle of some lazy turtles that didn't move.
Hey! I’ve got some proof.
He's only twenty, he has experienced plenty.
His experiences are his topics.
From the arctic to the tropics.
He touched hate, he touched love, he touched joy, he touched heartbreaking, and he touched confusion.
Still it's not my conclusion.
He's a role model for every youth, it's not a compliment, and it’s just the truth.
We asked questions, we got some tips, we made some jokes.
He's Amazing folks!

-Haneen.

Dedicated to,
Khaleefa Hamdan A.K.A ApollotheChild.
Follow Apollothechild on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, very much!
    It's a pleasure that you really cared about this poem, and accually posted on your blog!

    -Haneen

    ReplyDelete